Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Week without a Principal



I know it's sad to have enjoyed this past week, but I can't lie... knowing there wasn't going to be an administrator popping into my room to judge whether or not I'm doing a good job was AMAZING!!  I felt so relaxed and really felt like I was enjoying teaching again!  Sad... but true.

Upon return this week, my principal was moody and grumpy... NOT what we needed to have in school... ESPECIALLY since there's more district testing coming up this week. 

Here's my thought on this whole thing:  I cannot do anything about a lot of things in the educational system.  What I CAN do is make sure I'm teaching to the best of my ability; work with the kids and ensure they are learning what is important regardless of what will be tested this week.  I can go to work and smile and laugh and have fun with my students while they learn.  Looking back on this week, I really did have some amazing things happen.  One student told me I was really smart. :)  A few others told me I was a good teacher and they never learned any of these things about Government from their other schoolteachers.  I was so happy and proud.  I am so glad to be able to help these students and actually TEACH them something.  As a teacher, you always wonder whether or not the students are learning anything, whether or not they'll remember what you've talked about it class.  It's reassuring to know that some do.  

So I'm preparing for another week, with two days of testing, and all I can do is go into the week with high hopes and confidence that my students will do well and we'll have fun beginning to learn about the Judicial Branch and North Africa, Southwest Asia, and Central Asia. :)  

Good stuff!!! :)

Quote for the end of one week and the beginning of another:
"Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."  -Shawshank Redemption

0 comments:

Post a Comment