Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Free Time??

Free time?  What is this thing you speak of?  Vacation time?  No schoolwork (at least I'm pretending I have no work to do)??  How shall I spend my days?!  Well, since the military sometimes likes to toy with my schedule, we can't leave to go home for Christmas until the 23rd (sad).  AND, that means I am spending a week alone while not working.  So... what to do... I have some ideas. There's the required packing to vacation that has to (eventually) get done.  There's also the expected cleaning... which surprisingly, I've almost completed!  Amazing!!  And then there's the required books I have to read for my class.  But, let's be honest... none of that is really fun.  Instead, I've managed to spend my days watching Bones on Netflix or a variety of other movies.  I also bought a Sistine Chapel puzzle from Target that is calming and challenging.  Fantastic!  It's a 2000 piece puzzle... my hardest yet.  I do realize that as I tell this tale, I depict my clear nerdiness, but Grandma always told me to keep my brain active.  Other activities so far this week?  Hanging out at the Post Office (which is NO fun), baking pizza (because I don't want to cook), and playing laser pointer with the dogs (because that's the easiest way to tire them out).  One other thing I learned this week so far... washing a tarp is an activity best done NOT in the washing machine.  Good times! :)  As fun as my week has been so far, I can't wait to head up to the beautiful winter wonderland that awaits our Christmas celebration!  Snow shoeing across the lake; wearing my wolf fur hat; seeing my family!  VERY exciting!  I really am one of those people who enjoys my family. So, this free time that people speak of... I have decided I LOVE IT!!


"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!" 
-Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers

0 comments:

Post a Comment