Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Day to be Thankful

And so it is... a day to be VERY thankful!  Here are the things I'm thankful for in this year of 2010:

  • I am married to a wonderful man for over a year.  We have two crazy, silly dogs that make us smile and keep us entertained.  My husband is caring and patient and reminds me how much he loves me everyday.  We have a home, are financially stable, and are happy. :)
  • I have a career that I love.  Even though the job has some flaws and causes me a ridiculously large amount of stress, I love my students and I'm happy to be able to have a job right now.
  • I have a phenomenal family.  An amazing brother and sister-in-law who live only an hour north of us.  Fantastic parents who constantly make me laugh and proud to be their daughter.  My in-laws are amazing!  We just had a wonderful 5-way Oovoo chat, making me so thankful they value family as much as I do.  My family is also blessed to be adding one more addition... a new adopted baby boy will be joining my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.  
  • I am blessed with amazing friends!  Ever since moving to this city, my friends have been as close as family.  In fact, we're going to have Thanksgiving dinner with some friends today.  Our friends are amazing, supportive, funny, and great people.  We are blessed.
I am very happy to currently have a break and some relaxation.  And I am thankful for another wonderful year.

".... believe in a love that is being stored up for you like an inheritance, and have faith that in this love there is a strength and a blessing so large that you can travel as far as you wish without having to step outside it."
— 
Rainer Maria Rilke (Letters to a Young Poet)

0 comments:

Post a Comment