Saturday, November 20, 2010

A healthy past-time...

Growing up, I never played video games.  We had an old school Nintendo, but that was my brother's and I was never allowed to play.  It's okay, though... I didn't think I was really missing out on much.  Now... things have changed.  When I got married, my husband had a Wii and a PlayStation 3.  I didn't think much about either until I played Batman Lego on the PS3.  Yes, I know, a kids game.  I had to start easy. Now, one of my favorite past-time games... Assassin's Creed.  It's all based in historical fact, so nerdy me can meet Leonardo Da Vinci, the Templars, Niccolo Machiavelli, and others.  I can was Venice as it's being constructed and Rome at it's height.  The more I speck, the more nerdy I realize I am... but I'm okay with that.  
Now, just to clarify, I am not someone who stays up at all hours in order to play video games, but sometimes my brain can't focus enough to read my book (currently reading "The Road") and sometimes I just can't find a good movie to watch.  Although I've been watching Law and Order:SVU on netflix, I strongly encourage myself to take a break from that as well.
Anyway, husband and I recently bought Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.  Since Husband is a MUCH better game player than me, I now just relax and watch the game like it's a movie.  Every now and again I chime in with "It's the Colosseum" or "Oh Machiavelli".  
This is an excellent way to enjoy the weekend without stress. :)


“There are no classes in life for beginners; right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult” -Rainer Maria Rilke

0 comments:

Post a Comment