Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Miscellaneous Day...

I love my curriculum days with my coworder Lily.  She is just as (if not more) relaxed and non-structured as I am!  We do a lot of team teaching together, including teaching American History and American Literature together thematically.  It's so easy to sit down with her, sometimes with a few margaritas, and talk out our plans.  So rarely do we actually write things down, unless we need a reminder of something.  It's wonderful!  We come up with different activities and field trips... then, when we know our principal isn't going to be a huge fan of our ideas, we go in together, with a united front, and a way to tie our field trip into the curriculum!  It's so relaxing and doesn't feel like work!  So we did that the other day, while my dogs lay underneath our feet and got one class done.  On Thursday, I'll head to her house and we'll continue to work, only this time on Walk About (a PHENOMENAL independent study class that Lily created based on an Australian tradition).  It's one of my new classes next year that I have to prepare.


The rest of my day... reading!  I've been a reading machine!  Now, granted I can't do much right now since I have a sunburn and should be out of the sun, but still!  I've finished 3 books in about 4 days.  Yes... I do have spare time, but I enjoy this better than lesson planning. 


Currently reading... In the Woods by Tana French.  According to my cousin E, it's a FANTASTIC book.  We shall find out...



0 comments:

Post a Comment