Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Vacation...

I know... I should be starting my archieving projects... but I'm not yet.  Instead, I've started doing all those projects I never have time to do during the school year.


You know the hard part about getting married and moving into a new house the week before the school year started?  You really have no time to get the house completely set up.  So we've have no backyard for a year, boxes filling up the basement that I haven't opened since I moved out here, and the little loving details you normally can add to a house.  So far this week we've had the chance to plant 6 trees in our backyard.  I've finally planted my four lilac bushes... and they'll be lovely as long as my dog stops digging holes by my bushes.  And I've almost finished staining our back fence and finished my adirondack chair.  It'll be beautiful when it's finished.  Surprisingly, I really do enjoy these projects.  They have NOTHING to do with school, and that's a nice break for my brain.


Of course there's still that guilt that I should be working on some school stuff every now and then, but I can't do much until I hear from my principal about the schedule.  So until then, it's house projects and relaxation time.  I need to mentally prepare for my vacation anyway!  The other side effect of stating school immediately after getting married... no honeymoon time.  SO, instead we're going to vacation to someplace AMAZING (where I can experience history while on vacation) and consider it our honeymoon/anniversary trip.  LOVELY!!  I'm excited!!  


Until then... the adirondack chair and the fence... and slowly the basement...

0 comments:

Post a Comment