Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reading...

I love that during the summer hours I can choose to sit outside in the beautiful sunny dry weather and read a book.  The best part?  The book may have NOTHING to do with teaching.  For example, I just finished reading an EXCELLENT book called Sarah's Key.  It does have some historical stuff in it, but it wasn't like reading text books or supplemental materials.  The story bounces between to ladies.  One is a little girls experience during the round up of French Jews during 1942... which is interesting, but the French often downplay their role in the Holocaust and rounding up Jews for the Germans.  The other story is from "present day" of an American lady living in France and is a journalist.  She's doing a story on the round up and discovers her family's ties with the young girl.  If anyone has some spare time, it's an easy, great read.


Other books on my reading list this summer?
The Lord of the Flies (Yes... I've never read this book before)
Baby Proof
Love the One You're With
And anything else people suggest to me... we have a looooooooooooooooong trip to Europe approaching.   Seriously... feel free to send suggestions!  

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

Lord of the Flies-GREAT! I reference it constantly....especially the pigs...:)

I just finished a book called A Jewish Love Story. I started it out thinking, I really don't want to read this book if all it's going to be about is getting high, drunk, and people being altogether very unsuccessful at everything they attempt. But when I got about halfway through, the whole book changed. It was, amazing. I have it if you're interested. :)

I have a HUGE library of great books if you're every itching for something new to read and don't want to go very far. Feel free ANYTIME to come browse. :)

Post a Comment